Thursday, November 8, 2007

Filipina singer Shaila Durcal on Latin Grammy Awards

Filipina singer Shaila Durcal, daughter of Filipino singer Antonio Morales Barreto "Junior" and deceased Spanish singer Rocio Durcal, will be performing on the Latin Grammy Awards airing tonight LIVE at 8 p.m. from Las Vegas and pre-show at 7 p.m. on Univision here in the United States, Spain, and Latin America where she is also nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Shaila Durcal talks to Elle magazine about how she was "conceived":
«Mi madre me contaba que yo llegué inesperadamente. Mi padre llevaba unos meses trabajando en Filipinas y, cuando regresó, ella ni siquiera estaba en el momento fértil de su ciclo. Sin embargo, se quedó embarazada. Por lo visto fue por la presencia del macho… »

"My mother told me that I came unexpectedly. My father was working for a few months in the Philippines, and when he came back, she wasn't even in her fertile cycle. Regardless, she became pregnant. It was because of my dad's macho-ness."

Shaila's real name is Shaila de los Ángeles Morales de las Heras.
Our Dayanara Torres, beloved among the Filipino people for her years spent as an actress and host in Filipino TV and movies, will also be featured tonight as a presenter. She's on my TV screen right now being interviewed as I type this, I'm recording it straight to DVD right now to my DVD recorder right now and on my Tivo, so we have can have two copies just in case.

1 comment: